At Sleepy’s our focus is of course on mattresses. We recognise the value that the right mattress can have in your life – if you sleep better, you can live better.
Selling the great Sleepmaker Original Chiropractic Collection, tested and endorsed by the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (CAA), spinal alignment is a real focus of our mattress experts – by fitting you to the right mattress you can avoid sleeping hot, sleeping cold, partner disturbance, pins and needles and waking up with aches and pains.
Our mattress experts also recognise that choosing the right pillow can enhance your sleep. We also understand that the right pillow is paramount for spinal alignment. When we fit you to your new mattress in store, we assess your needs and recommend beds based on these. We also assess your spinal alignment.
There are many pillows out there – latex, gel, memory foam, polyester, down, even water – from $25 to $300. There are also specially designed pillows for pregnancy, snoring and allergies. And like mattresses, there is a correct pillow for you.
How do I know it’s time for a new pillow?
• As soon as your pillow becomes “squishy”.
• If you tend to fold your pillow in half for extra padding.
• If your pillow looks flat and lumpy, or the inside foam has become powdery and brittle.
What should I look for in a pillow?
There is no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ for pillows, so make sure you try, try, try before you buy! However, there are some important things to look out for when shopping.
• A pillow should have enough give to allow your head to mould into it. If it doesn’t, it’s probably too firm and could result in neck pain. If your head sinks to the bottom, it’s probably too soft, and could result in strains and sprains of neck joints, ligaments and muscles.
• Pillows should support the space between your head and shoulders. Your head and neck should remain level with your mid and lower spine.
• In many cases, you get what you pay for. While many ergonomic pillows on the market may seem expensive, they are more likely to provide long term spinal health benefits.
When you are in a Sleepy’s store, you can lie on the mattresses and test out any of the pillows in our range, our experts will be more than happy to help you!
We wanted to share some of the wonderful experiences that our customers experience in store. Sleepy’s are really proud that our franchisees and store managers can help our customers rest easy. Visit one of our stores to receive the same personalised bed fitting treatment!
My Sleepmaker Performance Restore mattress has truly given me the best night’s sleep I’ve had in ages! I look after my body when I’m awake, now I know it’s being looked after while I’m asleep. Thanks to Sleepy’s Kotara for fantastic personalised service, top class product and prices to match!
- Michelle, visiting our Kotara store
I would just like to say how fantastic the staff at Sleepy’s Oxley are.
From the moment I called to enquire about a product, the sales person (Barry) was very helpful and friendly. I told him that I was tossing up between a bed at Amart & Sleepy’s, usually sales people would put down the other stores product, however he chose to tell me about all the benefits of the products in his store, which made me trust his opinion.
I will not hesitate to recommend my friends to Sleepy’s Oxley as you are made to feel important as a customer. It is all too common with customer service these days that sales people are pushy, only in it for themselves & can make the customer feel like a burden. It was very refreshing to be treated well.
- Aroha, visiting our Oxley store
Just a short note of thanks to Sleepy’s Mile End for the excellent service on our purchase of a new Queen Sleepmaker CAA mattress. It is excellent after one night my back is 100% better, best rest in years!
- David and Jodie, visiting our Mile End store
Dear Sleepy’s Rockhampton
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you
We just can’t thank you enough for helping us and with buying our amazing new mattress.
Both of us have never slept this well before so again thank you!!!
- Wayne and Amanda, visiting our Rockhampton store
Have been meaning to drop in on you with a carton of Coronas to say thanks for all your help with the bed!
I will continue to refer as many people (that will listen to me) to you as I can because of everything that you did to help me with my bed
- Chanel, visiting our Osborne Park store